Coffee is the one thing that we are all drinking in the morning. Many people are saying that they can’t wake themselves up without coffee. However, coffee isn’t really healthy first thing in the morning, and there are many people that are looking for healthier alternatives.
The good news is that there are many ways that you can start your day without coffee and still have a good day. You just need to know-how. And, if you are still starting your day with coffee, then you will see that there are many reasons why coffee might not be as healthy as what you might think. These are everything you should know about starting your day without coffee.
Why you should start your day without coffee
At some places online, we are reading that drinking coffee in the morning is beneficial to your body and mind. However, in other places, we are reading that drinking coffee first thing in the morning isn’t healthy for you. What is the truth, and why should you try to start your day without coffee?
Why should know how to naturally wake up without coffee? You might think that this is impossible to wake up and go to work without your cup of coffee. But, after you have read about these reasons why you might not want to start your day with coffee, it will be easier to start with something healthier. There are two reasons why you should not start your day with a cup of coffee.
Our bodies are producing the hormone cortisol, and the production is the highest in the morning when we first wake up. Coffee and caffeine have a negative effect on the production of the hormone. Cortisol is known as our stress hormone. Meaning that without this hormone we will not be able to handle stress better.
The second reason is that because of cortisol, we are building a tolerance for the caffeine and the effect it will have on our bodies. This is why many people don’t feel the effect of drinking a lot of coffee on their bodies.
Don’t get us wrong, we don’t say you should never drink coffee again. We are saying that you should not drink coffee when you first wake up in the morning. You can drink your cup of coffee when you arrive at work, or at tea time. But, if you want to have the full benefits of drinking coffee and caffeine, then you should avoid drinking it when you first wake up in the morning. This is something that you should consider if you want a healthier body and mind.
Ways to wake up without caffeine
Yes, there are many ways on how you can wake up without caffeine and your daily cup of coffee. You just need to know where to start. With all these options on how you can start your day without caffeine and your cup of coffee, it will be a lot easier to change this habit.
- You can always start your day with a cup of caffeine-free tea instead of coffee. It will be an easier way to switch from coffee in the morning to something healthier and caffeine-free. There are many benefits to drinking tea, especially the herbal, caffeine-free tea, and in the morning, it will give you the energy to last throughout the day.
- Brushing your teeth with peppermint toothpaste. Studies have shown that peppermint assists in creating alertness. And, starting your day with as much alert as possible will be a great start of many people’s days. Make sure that you are switching to peppermint toothpaste, and you will be alert for the day, and ready for what might come your way.
- Give yourself a massage. We don’t talk about a full body massage, but just a massage to the temples of your head, and a massage to your hands, neck and facial area. Ensuring that you are waking up refresh and full of energy. And, a correct massage can really do this early in the morning. Adding some peppermint massage oil on your hands, before you massage yourself, is an added bonus that will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
- There is nothing better to start your day with a glass of orange juice. A glass of fresh, 100% orange juice. Because of the natural sugar in the orange juice, you will wake up full of energy. The energy that will last throughout the day. Just make sure that this is the 100% orange juice without any preservatives added. If you don’t like orange juice, you can use any other juice, but it should be 100% with no added sugar.
- Something that not many people are considering. Starting your day, by drinking coconut water. The coconut water has high levels of potassium that converts carbs into fuel for the body. Another great, healthy source of getting the energy you need to get through any day. And, without having any caffeine. There are many different flavored coconut waters, that you can enjoy. You will be able to find the one flavor that will substitute your cup of coffee in the morning.
- There is nothing healthier than starting your day with a glass of water. Your body might be dehydrated because of the sleep during the night, especially, if this is a hot summer night. The water will let you feel hydrated again, and this will boost your energy levels and make you feel ready for the day. And, this is a great way to start your day if you are looking to lose some weight as well.
- Eating a protein bar. By eating a high-quality protein bar early in the morning will give you the fuel to last throughout the day. Then, you won’t need to have a cup of coffee to get you going and to ensure that you last throughout the day.
- Eating a small piece of dark chocolate in the morning. This is a great alternative to coffee in the morning and something that chocolate lovers will enjoy. Even, if the dark chocolate has some caffeine in them, the amount is small, but it will still give you the boost you need to start the day. And, dark chocolate has the ability to lift your mood as well.
- Take a cold shower. However, not a great idea in the middle of winter. By taking a cold shower, you are going to be awake instantly. And, you will stay awake throughout the day, without the need for caffeine to stay awake for the rest of the day.
- Playing your favorite playlist first thing in the morning. The sound of music is refreshing the mind and ensuring that your brain is switched on, instantly. You will start enjoying the music, sing-along and you will have a day that is inspired by music. If you are a music lover, this is exactly what will get you up in the morning without a cup of coffee.
- Not a really healthy option, and not always recommended, but drinking your favorite soda is a great alternative to coffee in the morning. You will make sure that you are getting the sugar to start the day energized but without the caffeine from coffee. Just remember that you want to stay away from the soda that has caffeine added as an ingredient.
You will see now, that it isn’t as hard to get up in the morning, how to wake yourself up without coffee and get ready for work. The alternatives to your cup of coffee first thing in the morning are just as great as the coffee. You just need to find the one alternative that will work for you.
You need to understand that we don’t say that you should stay away from coffee for the rest of your life. We are just stating that drinking coffee first thing in the morning isn’t as beneficial to you as what you might have thought. Especially when it comes to the production of your hormone, cortisol. And, you will start to get used to caffeine and your body will not react to the caffeine anymore.
The good news is that there are many ways on how you can change the coffee first thing in the morning, to other alternatives. From drinking caffeine-free tea to playing your favorite music playlist when you first wake up. The secret is that you should make sure that you find an alternative that is working for you. You can also use more than one of the alternatives that we have mentioned here.
Drinking coffee in the morning isn’t healthy, and you need to consider replacing it with something healthier and that will give you the energy boost that you need. With this guide, you will get all the essential information about finding the right alternative to coffee in the morning that you will enjoy, and that will ensure that you have a lot of energy throughout the day. Then, you will realize that coffee in the morning isn’t offering the benefits that you thought it has on your body. And, you will know how to naturally wake up without coffee